“With men it is impossible, but not with God;
for all things are possible with God.” (Mark 10: 27)
In June 2014, the St. Mark’s Vestry approved twelve strategic goals for the years 2015-2017. The goals were defined based on the parish-wide survey responses, demographic data, and visioning sessions of the Strategic Planning Task Force.
St. Mark’s strategic goals for the next three years are:
1) Staff for growth and improve administrative, financial, and communication systems.
2) Develop a team of lay leaders with strong management and leadership skills.
3) Cultivate a culture of stewardship that motivates all people to share God’s gifts of time, talent, and treasure with St. Mark’s.
4) Make available a wider variety of groups that meet real needs and interests.
Objective: Improve the ministry that meets the needs of youth.
Objective: Establish a ministry that meets the needs of senior adults.
5) Welcome all people into our church family through evangelism.
6) Strengthen caring relationships as St. Mark’s continues to grow.
7) Expand the physical spaces for worship and use our beautiful outdoor setting in a wise way.
8) Increase the number of parishioners active in Christian Formation at each age level.
9) Engage the community in learning through the St. Mark’s University.
10) Serve God’s children in need through Social Outreach.
11) Provide a broad spectrum of Episcopal worship experiences.
12) Ensure a strong connection between the church and the school with mutual support.
If you would like to work with the Strategic Planning Task Force on objectives and action items to meet these goals, contact Barbara Scheibner, Leader of Strategic Planning.