Sunday worship includes:
The Holy Eucharist: Rite One service at 8:00a.m.
The Holy Eucharist: Rite Two service at 10:30a.m.
We have Children’s Chapel at the 10:30a.m. service for children four to eight years old.
Every Wednesday morning the St. Mark’s Episcopal School has a Chapel service based on a Bible
Story. Once a month St. Mark’s has conducted a Sunday worship service at a local senior
Special worship events include Blessing of the Backpacks, Blessing of the Animals, The Hanging of
the Greens with The St. Mark’s Angel Choir and The Pageantry of Christmas.
Our worship ministries include:
- Music is a vital part of our worship. We have a gifted organist/choir master, a dedicated choir and a new bell-ringer ministry.
- Altar Guild teams prepare the altar and sanctuary for all worship services.
- Vergers are the “stage managers” of the worship service ensuring pre-service details are in place, leading the processions, and handling any challenges that come up during the services.
- Crucifers are commissioned by the priest to carry the cross and assist the celebrant at Eucharist.
- Gospel Bearers carry the gospel and bear the second chalice at Eucharist.
- Torchbearers are youth who light and extinguish the candles in the sanctuary and carry the torches.
- Lay Readers read the lessons, Psalms, and Prayers of the People during our worship.
- Ushers and Greeters help every person who comes to our door to feel welcomed and comfortable at St. Mark’s.